You speak Khmer and English, you are looking for a part time job and you enjoy spending time with children ? This job offer may be for you !
Taramana is a French-Cambodian NGO which aim is to support education and improve the lives of about 250 children living in the underprivileged area of Boeng Salang Boeng Salang Russey Keo, located in the north of Phnom Penh.
Taramana, which was founded in 2005, is primarily a French non-profit organization. In 2007, Taramana was recognized locally as an NGO within the Kingdom of Cambodia.
The main role of the organization is to support the children’s education in Boeng Salang. In conjunction with this long-term goal, it is also essential to give them better living conditions.
Taramana’s four areas of activities include:
- Education ;
- Health and nutrition ;
- Social support ;
- Arts and sports.
Taramana is currently looking for a Librarian.
- Animates the Library.
- Propose activities to develop the awakening of the children. o Implements workshops: Reading, writing, games.
- Accompanies and advice the children in their book research. o Supervise the children
- Manage the book’s life into the library.
- Makes sure that the library stay quiet and clean.
- Is watchful on the tidy-up of the library
- Organizes the classifying of books and games.
Education and activities:
- Give English class to beginners
- Organize, activities and implement workshops: Reading, writing, games.
- With the kids during the week with the help of the volunteers (game, manual activities, etc.).
- Ensure continuity of English or Khmer class if the current teacher is unavailable
- Help the children to do their homework and revise their lessons.
- Listening to the kids for every help needed in school work or other.
- Help the children to write letters to their sponsor (Asks questions ,Takes pictures, Files the letters and the pictures on the computer)
- 0-3 years experience in education or in librarian management ;
- High-School degree minimum. University degree is an asset ;
- Experience in multicultural work environment ;
- Strong computer skills, especially in Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.) ;
- Have the strong willing to work with children;
- Written and spoken English and Khmer ;
- Strong communication & interpersonal skills ;
- Autonomy, rigor & organizational skills ;
- Availability and sense of service.
Part-time job: 20 hours per week (50%)
Salary per month: 80$+10$ (After a 3 month trial period)